Do I need to take the test?
If you passed your car test after From September 2021 the B+E trailer towing test was stopped by the UK Government. This means that once you have passed your Car test, there is no restriction on towing a trailer behind a Cat B vehicle. The weight of the trailer must not exceed the design maximum towing weight of the tow vehicle.
I have the license but no experience, can you help?
With the experience we have gathered in over 20 years of trailer towing training, we have courses available to provide the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to hitch/unhitch, reverse or tow your trailer, livestock trailer, horse trailer, car transporter or caravan
What can the course include?
All aspects of handling and towing trailer, including safe practice of loading and load restraints can be covered.
How much is the course likely to cost?
Our initial training course, which will last a half day, can be taken using our 4×4 and freighted Ifor Williams 2 axle box trailer
Course will cover the following
- Daily vehicle checks
- Reversing to a similar level as the now obsolete Driving Test exercise
- Legal requirements for towing trailers
- Road driving competence on a wide variety of traffic conditions
- If you have any specific concerns these can be raised and covered during the course
- Course cost £200.00 inc letter of attendance and completion of assessment
- If you would rather use your own vehicle and trailer, that is perfectly fine by us.
Please call or text Steve on 07815 121548 to book your assessment or course.